Due to Covid restrictions the office is closed, if you have an urgent query please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thera-Build® with LEGO®
Thera-Build® is a LEGO®-based therapeutic approach for improving children’s emotional well-being. Participation in Thera-Build® groups can help to boost self-esteem, support social development, build positive attachments and encourage purposeful conversation.
The methodology was developed by Alyson Thomsen, a former senior teacher and LEGO® Education Certified Trainer. Aly continues to work with families, schools, charities and Trusts to provide quality commissioned projects for children, and also provides training for parents, carers and professionals.
· The value of LEGO® as a therapeutic tool.
· The fundamentals of Thera-Build® and its therapeutic aims.
· The theory behind the methodology.
· How to resource and organise a Thera-Build® intervention.
· LEGO® building tips, technical vocabulary and advice.
· The importance of purposeful play.
· Helpful strategies for creating a secure therapeutic relationship.
· Practical activities to help children learn to co and self-regulate.
· Lots of ideas for LEGO® building experiences!
Find more about Thera-Build® here: www.bricks2learn.com